4.21.2013

weekly cleansing ritual

i. love. baths. i only take one bath per week, and i reserve it for a weekend afternoon where i can fix myself a gin & tonic and soak, read, and listen to music. margot tennenbaum has got nothing on me. i feel it's the ultimate indulgence. every other "bad habit" i have, i can "work" through. i.e.: the hours i spend watching netflix, i'm usually drawing, or embroidering, or crocheting, or on the internet finding inspiring things, so i don't feel absolutely lazy. in the bath, there's no choice but to be nonproductive. once, i even dragged my computer (i have a desktop that's perched on a rolling desk) to the doorway of the bathroom so i could watch a movie while i was in the bath. talk about indulgence!

baths also allow me to ramp up my beauty regiment. in the theme of the previous beauty posts, here's what i do during my marathon baths.

this Rare Earth Clay Mask from Kiehl's is AHMAHZING.

makes my skin feel super silky soft and lovely.

um, am i still a 15-year-old girl because i still use Bioré Pore Strips, and i still love them? what can i say, they get rid of my blackheads.

sometimes, instead of my Rare Earth Clay Mask, i bust out these Kracie Japanese Mask's that i bought in japantown. you can find them in practically any japanese drug store, and some of the chinese ones as well. i bought the "variety pack" because i don't speak japanese, and wanted to try them all out. they're all fantastic, and it's awesome that you can pretend like you're buffalo bill wearing someone else's skin. YEAH, I'D FUCK ME.

also, i put essential oils into the bath, typically lavender or eucalyptus. i also put vitamin e oil in, and mix it around a whole bunch. makes my skin feel soft and lovely, but if you don't mix it in the bath well enough, it kinda sticks to your skin, and you get out of the bath feeling like there's an exxon valdez slick on your skin. SO USE IT SPARINGLY. it can be found anywhere.

what is your ultimate indulgence?

No comments: