4.01.2013

seminal albums / 1990's

the 1990's brought a lot of change to my musical repertoire. mostly because i remember more of that decade, and i officially went through the pains of being a teenager in the '90's. this spans ages 8 - 18.

i received my first CD player the summer (or maybe the winter - it could have been for xmas) of 1991. this was my very first CD. i was 9 years old.

this was the soundtrack of my puberty. i was 12. i was obsessed with gavin rossdale. it was my gateway drug into music.

my sister had this album. i did not understand it, but i knew kurt cobain was a big deal, and that the music was a big deal. i was 9 when it was released, but probably didn't listen to it until i was 13 or 14.

i was 15, and listened to radiohead and was obsessed. i still love radiohead. other notable british bands i listened / still listen to: pulp, blur, the stone roses.

went through a ridiculously long pink floyd phase. owned (and probably still have) all of the albums. this phase lasted until i graduated from high school in 2000 and i realized that no, i was not a stoner.

No comments: