5.03.2013

22-year-old-me tells you about the time she saw bright eyes in santa barbara

we're visiting my 23-year-old self again. this time, she's just gotten back from seeing bright eyes at the santa barbara bowl.

I went and saw Bright Eyes at the Santa Barbara Bowl a few weekends ago. he played two of my favourite songs, "Oh You Are the Roots..." and "Bowl of Oranges." In fact the only favourite of mine he didn't play was "June on the West Coast" but I can imagine how wonderful it is. there are pictures from my friend helens camera as well as some short quicktime videos. it was misty and rainy and too big of a venue, but all in all it was a good show. besides, there's something about a beautiful live show that makes you feel alive again... he played "Falling Out of Love at this Volume" which was a pleasant surprise... a harp was onstage which started with "sunrise, Sunset"...it was nice to hear songs to wrap around your heart and warm it... music that is good for the soul... its the happiest i have felt in a really long time...california doesn't have midwestern winter. so when it does finally become chilly and overcast, i slip in my saddle creek playlist to my iPod and let the thoughts of winter wash over me. i pretend that its about 20 degrees colder than it is, and i can see my breath. i could see my breath at the bright eyes show and it reminded me that i am alive.

No comments: