6.05.2014

answering

1. What's the last fantastic film you saw?
this is slightly embarrassing, but, 100% legit, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2. i watched it twice in one weekend. i blame painkillers and the marshmallows. watch it, and you'll see what i mean.

2. If you could travel to any city in the world tonight, where would you wake up tomorrow?
this is SUPES HARD, YO. kneejerk reaction was Tokyo. but i've BEEN to Tokyo, so i feel like i should choose somewhere i haven't been. meh, i give up. Tokyo.

3. What's your favorite blog? Is there a regular feature on said blog that you LOVE?
this makes me a bad blogger, but i don't read very many blogs. my favorites are my friend's blogs: Sarah with We Hope for More and Shari over at Objects Around the Sun. most of the time, it's Dlisted and Valleywag for me.

4. What songs are on your "I'm gonna clean the shit out of my home!" playlist? (Or your "I'm cookin' up a storm in here!" playlist.)
A LOT of Robyn. some Iggy Azalea, some Rhianna. A LOT of Beyoncé. is it anti-feminist that i listen to almost exclusively female artists whilst doing domestic tasks?

5. Do you have a fav podcast? Do tell.
for sure the Savage Lovecast by Dan Savage. that man is a genius.

6. Without worrying about whether you could "pull it off" how would you cut and/or color your hair?
pink. or lavender. i'd also straighten the hell out of it, and do the Vidal Sassoon 5 point bob.

7. Have you ever lied about reading a book that you haven't? Title? Explain the sitch.
oh, i'm almost positive i have, and probably to sound smarter than i really am. i have no idea what the situation was, but i'm sure it was in college talking to some brainiac boy.

8. Do you have a fav smoothie? What are the ingredients? (If you hate smoothies, what's your fav summery drink?)
smoothies are alright. gin and tonics are better.

9. If you could be at a performance of any musician throughout history, who would woo your ears?
either Joy Division or Pulp. i think. i should say someone like Mozart.

10. I like Janet's #2, so what's the next thing you are looking forward to?
MY BIRTHDAYYYYY!! also, a dear friend of mine is having a baby. i'm not a baby person, but i'm pretty excited to meet hers. also, my parents are coming to visit in July. and i'm going to my parents lake house in September. summer is the best time of year!

11. If you could accomplish just one more goal in 2014, which would it be?
i HAVE to finish my cross-stitch for the year 2014. i'm starting a project where i cross-stitch the "mantra" of the year each year. then, at the end of my life, i'll be surrounded by all the mantra's i had each year. this year, it's "fuck bitches, get money." R.I.P. B.I.G.

thanks to the lovely Sarah for making me procrastinate on the aforementioned crafting. L.O.V.E.

2 comments:

sarah said...

So many thoughts!

1. I had NO idea there was even a 2nd Cloudy with a Chance...

re: #4 - Absolutely not. It's bullshit that domestic tasks are SO undervalued in our society. I say rock that music PROUDLY. Be domestic PROUDLY. (If that's what you want.)

re: #11 - I love love love your mantra cross-stitch project. I think it's such a beautiful thought that you'll be surrounded by your annual mantras...that you made with your own hands...ahhhh! I love this. So much.

You rule, Betsy. Thanks for playing. :)

betsy said...

YOU are so awesome. Thanks for letting me answer random questions - it's one of my fave things to do. YOU HAVE TO SEE CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE 2! it will make you ooo and awwwweee... it's sooo cute.